This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team of PE specialists from January 2021 until September 2021 initially, with the possibility of a full-time contract going forward.
Sporting Influence is a PE Teaching and Holiday Camps specialist in its ninth year of trading working mainly in the Harrogate, York, Craven and Leeds area. We specialise in improving the standards of PE provision at Primary School level and creating innovative programmes using sport to engage pupils in cross curricular work. We have a strong ethos ‘Improving Social Skills Through Sport’ and a passion to develop wellness and healthy lifestyles.
We have a number of different programmes that are delivered into schools and cover a wide variety of different sports. Sporting Influence have developed an outstanding team of teachers and PE specialists who cover a range of sports and activities that can be delivered into primary schools. We have some new exciting partnerships beginning in the New Year involving working with children from disadvantaged backgrounds and this would be part of the new role. A key part of the role is working at our activity camps across school holidays.
The successful candidate will have the ability and confidence to teach PE within a Primary School environment working side by side with class teachers and pupils in both Key Stage One and Two.
The position would suit a:
– Primary School Teacher with a passion for sport and coaching,
– Secondary School PE specialist with a passion to work at primary level.
– Level 2 Coach with experience of working in school environments,
– HLTA with years of experience coaching a variety of sport’s and working in schools.
Job Title: Full Time or Part Time Teacher of Primary PE and Sports Camp Leader
Hours: Full time hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm in term time. 8am – 4pm at Holiday Camps. Part time hours considered.
Holidays: 7 weeks holiday per year for full time role.
Wage: Dependent on candidates teaching experience.
Professional Development: A thorough induction period will be spent alongside lead teachers initially.
We are looking for a PE Teacher who can demonstrate:
– Fantastic Social skills, being able to build up positive professional relationships with schools and pupils.
– To be able to train and develop Primary School teachers through engaging and achievable PE lessons
– Experience of delivering PE and or Sports Coaching at Primary School age.
– Experience and awards in teaching and coaching.
– Organised reliable and a good communicator.
– The ability to develop and inspire children through your enthusiastic approach to all sports and activities.
– To be able to plan clear sessions plans and schemes of work.
– Good behaviour management.
– A passion for teaching/ coaching.
– A commitment to their own continuous professional development and the
professional development of others.
We would like candidates to possess the following:
– National Governing Body Level 1 qualification
– One National Governing Body Level 2 qualification
– A sports degree
– A full clean drivers license
– An up to date DBS (CBR)
– Safeguarding certificate
– Paediatric first aid certificate
– Emergency First Aid Certificate
What we can offer you:
– The opportunity to work on some innovative and exciting new programmes across a variety of different schools.
– Professional Development in a variety of areas of the PE Curriculum.
– Competitive salary and bonus structure.
The candidate will be required to have an informal 1:1 interview and if successful deliver a practical session to a group of primary aged children.
Apply via email with your CV to David Moss – email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Thurs 5th December. Practical interviews to be held shortly after.
We have a long and fruitful partnership with both Leeds Trinity University and Leeds Beckett University. From these institutions we have taken several work placement students who have shown a brilliant attitude towards learning. If you are interested in developing your knowledge in Primary based PE or think that this could be a path that you would like to take in the future, please feel free to contact David Moss via the link below to speak about how a work placement may work for you.
Sporting Influence Activity Camps are a fun and safe environment for your children to learn and develop social skills during the school holidays. Our Camps are always inclusive and we love having a wide range of children from different backgrounds and children who enjoy a range of sports and activities.
Sporting Influence After School Clubs are a fun and exciting hour of games, sports and activities to engage children in disguised learning and exercise. Playing a wide range of games and sports (club dependant) the children will work on specific skills all underpinned by our five social skills.