This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team of PE specialists.
The position would suit a: Primary School Teacher or experienced HLTA
with a passion for sport and coaching and/or a Secondary School PE
specialist with a passion to work at Primary level.
Sporting Influence is a PE Teaching specialist in its twelfth year of trading working mainly in the Harrogate, Craven, York and Leeds area. We specialise in improving the standards of PE provision at Primary School level and creating innovative programmes using sport to engage pupils in cross-curricular work. We have a strong ethos of improving social skills through sport in everything we do.
We have a number of different programmes that are delivered to schools and cover a wide variety of different sports. We have recently launched the Sporting Influence Community Interest Foundation which works with children in challenging circumstances through sport and we are passionate about developing and growing this part of the business. At Sporting Influence we have created an outstanding team of teachers who highlight an improved work-life balance as the main difference to working in their previous roles in schools.
A key part of the role is working at our activity camps across school
Job Title: Full-Time Teacher of Primary PE to start September 2023. Part-time hours will also be considered.
Hours: Full-time hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm in term time. 8am - 4pm at
Holiday Camps. Part-time hours considered.
Holidays: 7 weeks holiday per year for full-time role.
Wage: Dependent on teaching experience.
Professional Development: The successful candidate will have the
opportunity to gain further coaching awards through courses. A thorough induction period will be spent alongside lead teachers initially.
We are looking to appoint a Primary PE Teacher to work in schools in the Harrogate, Ripon and North Yorkshire area and Leeds.
The successful candidate will have the ability to teach PE within a Primary School environment working with class teachers and pupils in both Key Stage One and Two.
Apply via email with your CV and cover letter to David Moss - firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Monday 7th July 2023.
We are looking for a PE Teacher who can demonstrate:
● Fantastic Social skills, being able to build up positive professional
relationships with schools and pupils.
● Experience in delivering PE and Sports Coaching at Primary School age.
● The ability to produce good administration skills in recording, taking
photos and collecting evidence for schools on what they have received this year.
● Organised, reliable and a good communicator.
● The ability to develop and inspire children through your enthusiastic
approach to all sports and activities.
● Good behaviour management.
● A passion for teaching.
● A commitment to their own continuous professional development and the professional development of others.
Candidates will need to possess the following:
● Qualified Teacher Status or HLTA qualifications with at least 2 years
experience working within a school environment.
● At least 2 National Governing Body Level 1 qualification
● One National Governing Body Level 2 qualification
● A Sports Graduate (desirable)
● An up-to-date DBS disclosure (Essential)
● Safeguarding certificate (essential)
● Paediatric first aid certificate (Desirable)
● Emergency First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
What we can offer you:
● The opportunity to work on some innovative and exciting new
programmes across a variety of different schools.
● Professional Development in a variety of areas of the PE Curriculum
● Competitive salary and bonus structure
● A great work-life balance in the teaching profession.
The candidate will be required to have an informal 1:1 interview and if
successful will deliver a practical session to a group of primary-aged children.
Job Type: Full-time
Personal protective equipment is provided if required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Work Remotely: No
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: Teaching: 2 years (required)
Application deadline: 07/07/2023
Expected start date: September 2023